Re: [Videolib] Looking for video of "San Francisco: the City

Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:46:16 -0700

--=====================_301107171==.ALT

Alas...an old Time-Life title that is waaaaaaaaaaaaay the heck out of
distribution. Even worse: it's a BBC co-production... The producer was
Michael Barnes--someone I've never heard of.

Good luck!

gary

At 02:20 PM 10/17/2006, you wrote:
>Hi, All.
>
>I am attempting to locate a distributor for an older title which our
>library owns on 16mm film. We would like to locate either a VHS or DVD
>format for the following:
>
> San Francisco: The City That Waits to Die
> Time, Inc., c.1971, 42 minutes, color
> Includes actual scenes from earthquakes in San Francisco, Japan,
> Venezuela and Alaska
>
>Does anyone know if this title is available? If not, any idea who might
>hold the copyright for it?
>
>Thanks for any information, it will be greatly appreciated!
>
>Jeanne Little

UC Berkeley

--Guy Debord

--=====================_301107171==.ALT

Alas...an old Time-Life title that is waaaaaaaaaaaaay the heck out of distribution.  Even worse:  it's a BBC co-production...  The producer was Michael Barnes--someone I've never heard of.

Good luck!

gary

I am attempting to locate a distributor for an older title which our library owns on 16mm film. We would like to locate either a VHS or DVD format for the following:

   San Francisco: The City That Waits to Die
      Time, Inc., c.1971, 42 minutes, color
   Includes actual scenes from earthquakes in San Francisco, Japan, Venezuela and Alaska

Does anyone know if this title is available? If not, any idea who might hold the copyright for it?

Thanks for any information, it will be greatly appreciated!

Jeanne Little

UC Berkeley

"In societies where modern conditions of production prevail, all of life presents itself as an immense accumulation of spectacles."

--Guy Debord