Re: [Videolib] FW: "EYES ON THE PRIZE" IS BACK!

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:41:08 -0400

Well for all the folks who reamed Newsreel, I find this kind of thing
worse.
So basically you get what a 4-6 month head start and pay probably 4 times
what will be the eventual retail discount price ?

I understand all the issues that kept this out a long time but they ended up
getting significant grant money to cover clips etc

I think there is little doubt this will come out in the retail market within
12 months of this offer. It is my understanding that even AFTER it comes out
in the retail market PBS will still want libraries to pay a higher fee

Basically I have a LOT more sympathy with folks who put out docs with VERY
limited home market and may use two tiered ( or three) pricing to let some
home use customers vs. places that put something out a bit early to try to
clean up with the institutional market before releasing it at a much lower
price

Yikes I think I am starting to sound like some librarians