RE: [Videolib] Guess this is my 12.75 minutes of (local) fame

Chris McNevins (Chris.McNevins@uconn.edu)
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:55:22 -0400

I have a very shy 17 year old daughter who will be going to college next
fall. She's undecided about what she wants to major in. However, at a
recent open house here at UCONN her eyes lit up when she saw that we
offer a film studies minor. Gary, I'm forwarding your story to her at
home as a perfect example of what she could do with a concentration in
film studies.

I'd also like to hear from the rest of the V-listers on how they got
started in their careers. As for myself, I sorta fell into my position
as the non-print coordinator (and long before that as a copy cataloger
and media technician) I don't have a degree in Library Science, though
if I knew when I started 26 years ago that I would spend my working life
in academic libraries I might have gone for it.

However, I'm all set for my "second career"--2 years ago I became a
licensed massage therapist--all I need now is to find the time to do
it...

Chris McNevins
Non-Print Coordinator
University of Connecticut