Re: [Videolib] VHS format

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:45:08 -0400

Well thanks to Joe Yranski the Media Historian Librarian at Donnell in NYC
Kino has been donating VHS stuff to Goldwater Hospital for over a decade
( and they send them on to the rest of NYC City hospitals)
A lot of it has been Keaton & other silent stuff etc ( when we got new
additions we gave them the old ones) but I am trying to imagine these folks
who at Goldwater at least are long term for things like TB watching
Kaurismaki, Tavernier etc

On 9/22/06 11:14 AM, "John Streepy" <John.Streepy@cwu.EDU> wrote:

> Dennis,
> whomever at your company who had the idea of donating to nursinghomes
> your VHS tapes, needs to be congratulated. What an outstanding idea,
> helps them, helps you.
> jhs

> In a message dated 9/22/06 1:31:07 AM, ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
> writes:
>

> 5 years max...I'd be willing to bet, Michael. In the last few weeks
> I've seen big banners on two large rental store: LIQUIDATING OUR
> ENTIRE STOCK OF VHS TAPE!
>

> Milestone is actually in the process this month of donating most of our
> VHS tapes (the ones that we also released on DVD) to nursing homes. It
> costs us too much in storage and at least people will get some enjoyment
> out of them rather than sending them to the shredder.
>

> Dennis Doros
> Milestone Film & Video / Milliarium Zero
> PO Box 128
> Harrington Park, NJ 07640
> Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
> Fax: (201) 767-3035