RE: [Videolib] Approval plans or standing orders

Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:23:25 -0400

BTW, has anyone tried using B&T's DVD lease program?

Best,
Mo

*************************
Monique Threatt
Associate Head, Kent Cooper Room Services
Librarian for Media, and Communication & Culture
Herman B Wells Library, E044
Indiana University
Bloomington, IN 47405
T: (812) 855-9857
F: (812) 855-1649
E: mthreatt@indiana.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Pamela Thomas
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 12:20 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Approval plans or standing orders

I haven't seen a response to your inquiry yet, so I guess I can share
what little I have learned. I just started researching the same thing
and so far I have only found two:

Library Video
http://www.libraryvideo.com/standing_orders.asp

Ingram Library Services
http://www.ingramlibrary.com/progserv/academic/video.asp

I am going to send an inquiry to Ingram and can let you know what I find
out. If any libraries can share their experiences with video standing
order programs that would be of great help.

Thanks,
Pamela Thomas
Media Librarian
Syracuse University Library

>>> claire-stewart@northwestern.edu 9/19/2006 4:52 PM >>>
A search of the videolib archive seems to show that the issue of
approval plans and standing orders for video last came up back in 2002.
If there's been a more recent discussion I apologize and maybe someone
could clue me in on the month/year that happened ... this question has
been raised again here and I thought I'd bounce it to you guys.

Just wondering whether anyone is using an approval plan for video that
they would like to recommend (or vent about.)

The few standing order plans I've seen are so narrow or limited that,
while potentially useful, don't really seem like they would offer much
in the way of speeding selection/ordering. Approval plans for video
either don't exist or are a very well kept secret. Am I wrong?

Claire

--
M. Claire Stewart
Acting Head, Marjorie I. Mitchell Multimedia Center Coordinator of