Re: [Videolib] reviews to help with selection

Diane Rhodes (diane.rhodes@films.com)
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 11:30:00 -0400

--B_3241596605_19319852

>=20
> I don=B9t think the parents can always know what the kids are viewing unles=
> they (the parents) watch the entire movie themselves without the kids aro=
und.
> How about Video Librarian, School Library Journal, Library Journal, Bookl=
ist?
>=20
>=20
> I actually didn't know about MRQE, for example. Can anyone share other so=
urces
> for reviews to help with selection? Thanks!
>=20
> Daisy
>=20
> Holly Sammons <sammons@onlib.org> wrote:
>>=20
>> As to concerns about children taking them out, that's up to the parent t=
>> know what their kids are viewing. And in my library, the minute we'd pu=
>> a sticker or warning on a video, it would increase its circulation and
>> probably get stolen!!
>>=20

--B_3241596605_19319852

Re: [Videolib] reviews to help with selection

I don’t think the parents can always know what the kids are viewing u= nless they (the parents) watch the entire movie themselves without the kids = around. How about Video Librarian, School Library Journal, Library Journal, = Booklist?

I actually didn't know about MRQE, for example. Can anyone share other sour= ces for reviews to help with selection? Thanks!

Daisy

Holly Sammons <sammons@onlib.org> wrote:

As to concerns about children taking them out, that's up to the parent to know what their kids are viewing.  And in my library, the minute we'd = put
a sticker or warning on a video, it would increase its circulation and
probably get stolen!!

--B_3241596605_19319852--