Re: [Videolib] Norman Film Manufacturing Company

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:52:09 -0400

--B_3241522330_435605160

You should re post this on the google group
Alt.movies.silent
If anyone can help you that would be the place to find them

On 9/19/06 2:32 PM, "Darla Moore" <DMMOORE@rollins.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a friend who is looking for information about several actors who
> appeared in movies made by the Norman Film Manufacturing Company. The company
> was based in Jacksonville, Florida, and made films for African-American
> audiences in the 1920s.
> Can anyone suggest a source for information on the following actors?
>

> Kathryn Boyd: The female lead in "The Flying Ace," a film by Richard Norman
> released in 1926.
>
> Steve 'Peg' Reynolds: An actor who appeared in all six feature films made by
> Norman from 1920 to 1927.
>
> Stella Mayo (also Stella Haney): She was from Bristol, Va., and may have
> come from a family of magicians. She appeared in the Norman film
> "Regeneration."
>
> M.C. Maxwell: Played opposite Mayo in "Regeneration." He was a touring
> magician. He is known to have lived in Winston-Salem, N.C. and Columbia, S.C.
>

> Thank you,
> Darla Moore
> Rollins College, Olin Library
> 1000 Holt Avenue - 2744
> Winter Park, FL 32789

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3241522330_435605160

Re: [Videolib] Norman Film Manufacturing Company You s= hould re post this on the google group
Alt.movies.silent
If anyone can help  you that would be the place to find them

On 9/19/06 2:32 PM, "Darla Moore" <DMMOORE@rollins.edu> wro= te:

Hello,
 I have a friend who is looking for information about several actors w= ho appeared in movies made by the Norman Film Manufacturing Company.  T= he company was based in Jacksonville, Florida, and made films for African-Am= erican audiences in the 1920s.
 Can anyone suggest a source for information on the following actors?<= BR>

  Kathryn Boyd:  The female lead in "The Flying Ace,&qu= ot; a film by Richard Norman released in 1926.

 Steve 'Peg' Reynolds: An actor who appeare= d in all six feature films made by Norman from 1920 to 1927.

 Stella Mayo (also Stella Haney):  She= was from Bristol, Va., and may have come from a family of magicians. She ap= peared in the Norman film "Regeneration."

 M.C. Maxwell: Played opposite Mayo in &quo= t;Regeneration." He was a touring magician. He is known to have lived i= n Winston-Salem, N.C. and Columbia, S.C.