[Videolib] advice

Annie Goldson (a.goldson@auckland.ac.nz)
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 23:27:06 +1200

Dear all, I'm a professor and filmmaker at a University in New Zealand
and have recently completed a documentary which is a kind of blend of
classical music (Elgar's collo concerto) and a world war 1 story (the
death of a young NZ soldier on the western front). I have a UK based
distributor for TV sales, but am considering an company called CAM
which is Australian based but with European reach, for educational DVD
sales in some regions at least. Has anyone dealt with CAM (which was
previously Hush)? Are there other distributors who are good on the arts
DVD front in the US? The cellist happens to be a fabulous US player and
does a brilliant performance. . .outside the performance (and I use
about half the concerto) the story is more along the lines of
postcolonial interests.

Thanks
On 15/09/2006, at 5:40 PM, Rick Faaberg wrote:

> On 9/14/06 10:49 AM "Brock, Shawn" <Shawn.Brock@aetn.com> sent this
> out:
>
>> Truthfully, it's amazing to me that they are actively trying to lose
>> you as a
>> customer and you are fighting with them just so you can remain their
>> customer.
>> It should be the other way around! Seeing this makes me VERY glad
>> that we
>> offer all of our content to the educational market at our "home
>> video" prices
>> .... (aside from the fact I couldn't morally justify this to myself!).
>
> Three cheers for you and your company. You rock!
>
> History Channel, hmm? I'll remember. :-)
>
> Rick

> distributors.

Associate Professor Annie Goldson
Department of Film, Television and Media Studies
Private Bag 92019
University of Auckland
+64 9 3737999 or 64 9 3601304
+64 9 3738764 (fax)