Re: [Videolib] Would like your thoughts on this one

Jerry Notaro (notaro@stpt.usf.edu)
Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:58:29 -0400

--B_3241079909_40859336

I=B9ve seen that flash on a video recently for a film I reviewed. It=B9s a bunc=
of baloney, legally. They can put it there, but they are trying to scare
teachers and students that use it in classes. I think as a group of
professionals we need to maybe make an organized response to these companie=
along the lines of we won=B9t buy any of their materials at any tier if they
continue this practice.

Jerry

> I have never seen that and I have been purchasing video materials for ove=
r 23
> years. Is that legal? I have received printed contracts before which ou=
tline
> usage but that is different.
> =20
>=20
> Patricia J. Stockwell
>=20
> Library Technician III / College Archivist
>=20
> Pikes Peak Community College
>=20
> 5675 S. Academy Blvd. Box 7
>=20
> Colorado Springs, CO 80906
>=20
> patricia.stockwell@ppcc.edu
>=20
>=20

--B_3241079909_40859336

Re: [Videolib] Would like your thoughts on this one IR= 17;ve seen that flash on a video recently for a film I reviewed. It’s = a bunch of baloney, legally. They can put it there, but they are trying to s= care teachers and students that use it in classes. I think as a group of pro= fessionals we need to maybe make an organized response to these companies al= ong the lines of we won’t buy any of their materials at any tier if th= ey continue this practice.

Jerry

I have never seen that and I have been= purchasing video materials for over 23 years.  Is that legal?  I = have received printed contracts before which outline usage but that is diffe= rent.

Patricia J. Stockwell

Library Technician III / College Archivi= st

Pikes Peak Community College

5675 S. Academy Blvd.  Box 7

Colorado Springs,  CO  80906
patricia.stockwell@ppcc.edu