Re: [Videolib] iTunes Movies - Thinking Ahead

MileFilms@aol.com
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:22:24 EDT

--part1_51b.7281f23.3238b750_boundary

In a message dated 9/12/06 8:48:57 PM, bduffy@sfsu.edu writes:

> Yeah, but they also announced a device which can wirelessly link your=A0
> computer to your home entertainment center (or a video projector,=A0 I=A0
> guess), and they say the image quality is/will be comparable to DVD.
>=20
>=20

Dear Brigid,

Good for you! -- you spotted the most important part of the announcement,=20
even though it's not planned for release until next year. Downloading in any=
=20
fashion will not take over until there's an easy, seamless, and quality stor=
age=20
system with easy delivery to the home television set as well as portable=20
systems. If Apple can do the same for video as they did for music with the I=
pod, then=20
it promises the big change the studios are looking for.=20

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video/Milliarium Zero
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: 201.767.3117
Fax: 201.767.3035
milefilms@aol.com
www.milestonefilms.com

--part1_51b.7281f23.3238b750_boundary

Yeah, but they also a= nnounced a device which can wirelessly link your=A0
computer to your home entertainment center (or a video projector,=A0 I=A0 guess), and they say the image quality is/will be comparable to DVD.

Dear Brigid,

Good for you! -- you spotted the most important part of the announcement, ev= en though it's not planned for release until next year. Downloading in any f= ashion will not take over until there's an easy, seamless, and quality stora= ge system with easy delivery to the home television set as well as portable=20= systems. If Apple can do the same for video as they did for music with the I= pod, then it promises the big change the studios are looking for.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video/Milliarium Zero
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: 201.767.3117
Fax: 201.767.3035
milefilms@aol.com
www.milestonefilms.com

--part1_51b.7281f23.3238b750_boundary-- VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.