Re: [Videolib] ppr

MileFilms@aol.com
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:59:04 EDT

--part1_495.8e7b817.3238a3c8_boundary

In a message dated 9/12/06 7:40:00 PM, lmccurdy@wittenberg.edu writes:

> "The performance is part of a teaching activity, however it does not
> have to be part of a regular course; therefore, host a related
> discussion forum or arrange for a student or instructor to lead an
> educational program related to the film."

No, no and no. even If Einstein introduced Showgirls at the Princeton Club
and followed with a group discussion, you would still need PPR. And sell me a
ticket!

It just goes to prove that not everything on the internet is correct...

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video/Milliarium Zero
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: 201.767.3117
Fax: 201.767.3035
milefilms@aol.com
www.milestonefilms.com

--part1_495.8e7b817.3238a3c8_boundary

"The performance is part of a teaching activity, however it does not
have to be part of a regular course; therefore, host a related
discussion forum or arrange for a student or instructor to lead an
educational program related to the film."

No, no and no. even If Einstein introduced Showgirls at the Princeton Clu= b and followed with a group discussion, you would still need PPR. And sell m= e a ticket!

It just goes to prove that not everything on the internet is correct...

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video/Milliarium Zero
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: 201.767.3117
Fax: 201.767.3035
milefilms@aol.com
www.milestonefilms.com

--part1_495.8e7b817.3238a3c8_boundary-- VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.