[Videolib] Film Movement

Andrews, Sarah E (sarah-andrews@uiowa.edu)
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:43:25 -0500

We have it at The University of Iowa (including all the backlist
titles). So far, it hasn't been as popular as I'd hoped, but since
everything comes with PPR for such a cheap price I think it was worth
it.

I did an internship at a public library that serves about 25,000 that
has a subscription to the series. The films were very popular with
specific users who said "this sort of stuff isn't on cable/HBO/etc."

Sarah Andrews

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Gena Zelenka
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 2:32 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: RE: [Videolib] ...typing too fast...

Why don't you refer your new department head to all the articles about
the "long tail" of business wherein back titles are selling as much as
the popular ones? What about niche marketing? Isn't that what we're all
about? C'mon, people! Libraries need to provide DEPTH in their
collections. Sometimes I despair over the future of libraries (and their
collections!).......