Re: [Videolib] ppr

MileFilms@aol.com
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:43:50 EDT

--part1_4aa.2775f180.32382fb6_boundary

In a message dated 9/12/06 11:31:28 AM, notaro@stpt.usf.edu writes:

> Why? If it is a legally acqiured copy I can't imagine why you shouldn't
> circulate it. Many books go out of print while libraries still own and
> circulate their copies. That's sort of the point.
>=20

I believe Jessica is just suggesting that out-of-print videos are highly=20
desirable and susceptible to theft. Why they should be more so than books is=
=20
beyond me, but they seem to be.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video / Milliarium Zero
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
Fax: (201) 767-3035
milefilms@aol.com=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0winterfilm@=
aol.com
www.milestonefilms.com=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0www.wintersoldierfilm.com

--part1_4aa.2775f180.32382fb6_boundary

Why? If it is a legal= ly acqiured copy I can't imagine why you shouldn't
circulate it. Many books go out of print while libraries still own and
circulate their copies. That's sort of the point.

I believe Jessica is just suggesting that out-of-print videos are highly=20= desirable and susceptible to theft. Why they should be more so than books is= beyond me, but they seem to be.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video / Milliarium Zero
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
Fax: (201) 767-3035
milefilms@aol.com=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0winterfilm@= aol.com
www.milestonefilms.com=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0www.wintersoldierfilm.com

--part1_4aa.2775f180.32382fb6_boundary-- VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.