Re: [Videolib] ppr

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:48:24 -0400

--B_3240848905_395209679

The correct answer is NO WAY IN HELL until I see written confirmation that
you obtained a license from the rights holder
Or you don=B9t show it.

On 9/11/06 7:34 PM, "Steven Harris" <SteHar@library.lib.usu.edu> wrote:

> An added note about my public performance rights question:
> =20
> We have had an increasing number of groups on campus who want to use libr=
ary
> DVDs to present public showings of films--mainly features. (Something th=
at
> rarely happened with the VHS collection.) We have a small auditorium in =
the
> library that is equipped to show video. Some groups using that space wan=
t to
> "show movies," and some groups just want to check out our DVDs and show t=
hem
> at other locations on campus. Our media collection DOES circulate, so th=
at is
> not the problem. Is the appropriate answer to public performance, "NO WA=
Y IN
> H*%$!" Do I need to write and distribute a policy that lays down the law
> about public performance of video?
> =20
> Steven R. Harris
> Collection Development Librarian
> Utah State University
> (435) 797-3861
> http://cc.usu.edu/~srharris/
>=20

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3240848905_395209679

Re: [Videolib] ppr The c= orrect answer is NO WAY IN HELL until I see written confirmation that you ob= tained a license from the rights holder
Or you don’t show it.