Re: [Videolib] PPR outdoor DVD showings

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:11:40 -0400

--B_3240817901_393328646

Do you have the link for the article ?
I must have missed it
Definitely not legal as the law limits this to in essense people related
and living in the same
Building. No public outside showings are permitted.
Normally I forward this stuff to SWANK who sics the MPAA on them so send me
the link

Jessica

On 9/11/06 10:36 AM, "Herownword@aol.com" <Herownword@aol.com> wrote:

> Did anyone see the article in this morning's NYT abt showing DVDs of
> commercial movies outside on the sides of houses and garage doors and inviting
> neighbors and friends over to watch them, ala old-fashioned drive-in movies?
> Interestingly enough, the author raised the issue of public performance
> rights, but dismissed it by indicating that these are considered "private
> showings." That seemed odd to me and I'm wondering if the author is correct?
>
> Jocelyn Riley
> HerOwnWords.com
> NontraditionalCareers.com

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3240817901_393328646

Re: [Videolib] PPR outdoor DVD showings Do yo= u have the link for the article ?