Re: [Videolib] College Access Videos? Any idea?

Meghann Matwichuk (mtwchk@udel.edu)
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:17:01 -0400

--------------090408090301090507070606

Along these lines, I recently reviewed a video for SLJ called /Freedom
Machines/, which was very good:

http://www.freedommachines.com/

One of the main subjects profiled in the program is a young quadriplegic
woman starting her first year at college. It shows both her struggles
with and how she benefits from new technologies. Asides from being a
great program, it's also a great example of dvd accessibility
technologies; functionality includes video descriptions for the sight
impaired, talking menus, etc.

Available from New Day Films:

http://www.newday.com/films/Freedom_Machines.html

*************************
Meghann Matwichuk, M.S.
Senior Assistant Librarian
Morris Library, University of Delaware
181 S. College Ave.
Newark, DE 19717
(302) 831-1475

A CULTURE UNDISCOVERED: http://www.fanlight.com/catalog/films/380_acu.ph

Our general catalog is online at www.fanlight.com or call or email us for a hard copy (2006-7 hot off the presses).

******************************** VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.

--------------090408090301090507070606--