Re: [Videolib] Source for End of the Spear

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:55:56 -0400

Well the crucial missing info is the name of the company that released the
DVD which would only be a start but that is what you need
Perhaps one of our friendly distributor guys could look it up
Now given that this in Australian import never released theatrically in the
us ( and may have been made for TV) It is going to be a mini nightmare
tracking it down. The strong probability is that PPR rights are owned by
some production company in Australia. Whoever put the DVD would have contact
info but is not likely to go out of their way to look it up for you.

It will probably take some serious research to figure out and then contact
them to see if they will grant permission and if they want a fee

Um good luck

On 8/24/06 2:21 PM, "Barbara Rhodes, Media Consultant, Northeast Texas"
<medialibrarybird@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Videofolk;
>
> I have a patron who wants to get permission to show "End of the Spear" at the
> correctional facility where he volunteers. He tried contacting Criterion, but
> they don't have it and I tried Movie Licensing USA's Web site, but they don't
> appear to have it either. I told him I would try to locate a rights holder
> that he could contact directly. Can anyone assist me with this?
>
> Details on the production from IMDB:
>
> Also Known As:
> Walk His Trail (USA) (working title)
> MPAA: Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence.
> Runtime: 108 min
> Country: USA
> Language: English / Spanish
> Color: Color
> Sound Mix: Dolby Digital / DTS
> Certification: Australia:M / USA:PG-13 f tata
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Barbara Rhodes
> Media Consultant
> Northeast Texas Library System