RE: [Videolib] anyone collecting in PAL or region-free formats?

Carol Dunn (Dunn@findlaylibrary.org)
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:46:02 -0400

Of course they are legal. I have one myself. The first one I bought was
an all-area
DVD player, still works. Carol

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Betsy Vera
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 5:09 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: RE: [Videolib] anyone collecting in PAL or region-free formats?

> This seems like a good time to bring up the question (raised a few
> months ago by Claire, I believe), as to whether or not these players
> are legal. They seem to be for sale everywhere on the internet, but I

> have never seen one for sale in a physical location (which doesn't
> seem too odd, considering they are a specialty item)

I have bought players for my personal PAL DVDs at my local
(Chicago-area) supermarket (for $50) and at Target (for $38), both of
which are real physical locations. The one from the supermarket said
"all regions" on the box. I double-checked on the Internet to make sure
it really was, before buying it.

producers and distributors.