Re: [Videolib] RE: Region free DVD players

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:33:46 -0400

I hate to spoil everyone's expectations but I have no problem with region
free players. My ONLY problem would be copying or dubbing a PAL DVD to NTSC

On 8/16/06 4:01 PM, "Breivold, Scott" <SBreivo@exchange.calstatela.edu>
wrote:

> According to the "Video University" (whoever they are):
> http://www.videouniversity.com/dregions.htm
>
> "It is legal to own a Code free DVD player, but you can not use it for
> illegal purposes. Check your State and Federal copyright laws for
> details. It is possible and legal to modify a DVD player to be Code
> Free, but you will definitely void the warranty and unless you're an
> engineer, there's a good chance you'll wreck the unit."
>
> The "check your state and federal copyright laws" part of this statement
> ought to keep us busy for the next several years! :-0
>

> : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
> Scott Breivold
> Media, Communications, & Arts Librarian
> University Library ~ Cal State LA
> LN 3019 ~ (323) 343-6094
>
> "I hear and I forget; I see and I remember;
> I write and I understand." ~Ernst Lubitsch

> distributors.

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International