RE: [Videolib] anyone collecting in PAL or region-free formats?

Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:35:00 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6C16B.10497560

All,=20

=20

This seems like a good time to bring up the question (raised a few
months ago by Claire, I believe), as to whether or not these players are
legal. They seem to be for sale everywhere on the internet, but I have
never seen one for sale in a physical location (which doesn't seem too
odd, considering they are a specialty item), nor have I ever seen them
for sale (or even mentioned) on the manufacturers' websites (e.g. JVC,
Sony, etc.). It would clearly be legal to buy players for each of the
various regional encodings to have on site, but are these "modified"
machines legal? Anyone know?

=20

mb

=20