RE: [Videolib] anyone collecting in PAL or region-free formats?

Badilla-Melendez, Cindy (CBADILLAME@stthomas.edu)
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:58:19 -0500

Maureen,

We do here. I have been getting more and more DVDs from different zones if
not available in Zone 1. There are a lot of DVDs used by our professors that
are not on region 1 so we can't limit them. Chances are that a lot of the
DVDs won't never be in Region 1, specially from Modern Languages classes or
English classes.

My 2 cents
cindy

Cindy Badilla-Melendez
Media Resources Librarian
O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library,
University of St. Thomas
phone (651) 962-5464
fax (651) 962-5406

-----Original Message-----
From: Maureen Tripp [mailto:Maureen_Tripp@emerson.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 10:54 AM
To: Videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] anyone collecting in PAL or region-free formats?

I've had requests for some titles that are available only in region-free DVD
format, and up till now I've told clients we can't buy them, because we
don't have a region-free player. Well, now we have two: one for a dubbing
rack, one for special events.
Does anyone out there collect region-free DVDs?
My boss is reluctant to start collecting these . . . what does everyone
think?

Maureen Tripp
Media Librarian
Media Services Center