RE: [Videolib] anyone collecting in PAL or region-free formats?

Andrews, Sarah E (sarah-andrews@uiowa.edu)
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:01:36 -0500

At Iowa, we tried to resist ordering region-free/all region DVDs, as
well as PAL but we had too much demand for teaching use.

Now, we collect everything! Most of our classrooms with projects/dvd
players can play all regions (and PAL). We also have an all-regions
player in our Media Center at the library and we have one for the
cataloging department.

Sarah Andrews
University of Iowa Libraries

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Maureen Tripp
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 10:54 AM
To: Videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] anyone collecting in PAL or region-free formats?

I've had requests for some titles that are available only in region-free
DVD format, and up till now I've told clients we can't buy them, because
we don't have a region-free player. Well, now we have two: one for a
dubbing rack, one for special events.
Does anyone out there collect region-free DVDs?
My boss is reluctant to start collecting these . . . what does everyone
think?

Maureen Tripp
Media Librarian
Media Services Center