RE: [Videolib] anyone collecting in PAL or region-free formats?

Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:30:56 -0700

We order them if they are not avaiable in any other format/regional
encoding and are requested by faculty or a serious researcher.

mb

Michael Brewer
University of Arizona Library A210
1510 E. University
P.O. Box 210055
Tucson, AZ 85721
Voice: 520.307.2771
Fax: 520.621.9733
brewerm@u.library.arizona.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Maureen Tripp
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:54 AM
To: Videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] anyone collecting in PAL or region-free formats?

I've had requests for some titles that are available only in region-free
DVD format, and up till now I've told clients we can't buy them, because
we don't have a region-free player. Well, now we have two: one for a
dubbing rack, one for special events.
Does anyone out there collect region-free DVDs?
My boss is reluctant to start collecting these . . . what does everyone
think?

Maureen Tripp
Media Librarian
Media Services Center