Re: [Videolib] anyone collecting in PAL or region-free formats?

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:17:28 -0400

Speaking against my interests as a distributor I think a college
library/media center would be nuts not to have several Pal players
Many, many titles are only available in PAL format and you can't legally
transfer them but you can show them as is. Why in the world would you not
want to have them ?

On 8/16/06 11:54 AM, "Maureen Tripp" <Maureen_Tripp@emerson.edu> wrote:

> I've had requests for some titles that are available only in region-free DVD
> format, and up till now I've told clients we can't buy them, because we don't
> have a region-free player. Well, now we have two: one for a dubbing rack,
> one for special events.
> Does anyone out there collect region-free DVDs?
> My boss is reluctant to start collecting these . . . what does everyone think?
>

> Maureen Tripp
> Media Librarian
> Media Services Center
> 180 Tremont St. 3rd Floor