Re: [Videolib] Library illegal video showing follow up

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 17:50:16 -0400

That is what I am afraid of
FYI the Library I had the problem with WAS in KS. I am billing them only
$100 for the two films which is actually LESS than if they had rented them
straight but I felt sorry for them
The bigger problem was that one of the other films was a Chaplin title
And they do NOT take kindly to this.

I would be very, very careful and INSIST they provide with a title list and
a way ( via computer or phone) to check titles and accept all
financial/legal liability if you show something that they told you should be
Cleared but was not (FYI NEVER EVER SHOW ANYTING OWNED BY A GUY NAMED
AFLREDO LEONE ( 8 1/2, I VITELLONI etc). You can end up in a mess of trouble

On 8/10/06 5:36 PM, "bread@rollinghills.lib.mo.us"
<bread@rollinghills.lib.mo.us> wrote:

> Jessica,
> The state of Missouri just negotiated a deal with MPLC for its libraries
> to get licensing at a very low rate. The only paperwork we have gotten
> so far is a list of companies whose products you are supposed to be
> legal to show. The agreement is in about 6 pt. print - very hard to
> read. We have just signed up and I am wondering if we will get more
> information.
> When I worked in KS we had a contract with them and it was very
> difficult to know what you were covered for.
>
> Barb Read

> distributors.

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner