Re: [Videolib] Superman Image

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 15:06:48 -0400

--B_3238067212_228284940

I am sure it is copyrighted. The first year was 1938 and copyright in now 95
years and one of the reasons they added 20 years recently
is that Mickey Mouse who started in 28 would have gone PD in 03 if they had
not.
Keep in mind the guys who own copyright on these kinds of images are usually
the most litigious
I believe they forced an actual town CALLLED Metropolis to take the image
off a water tower
in the last year or two

On 8/10/06 2:32 PM, "librarygoddess@comcast.net"
<librarygoddess@comcast.net> wrote:

> We had a patron ask this question today: is the Superman image copyrighted?
> I thought I'd ask this list as you all are knowledgeable about these issues.
> Thanks!
>
> Laurel Seppala-Etra
> Boulder Public Library

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3238067212_228284940

Re: [Videolib] Superman Image I am = sure it is copyrighted. The first year was 1938 and copyright in now 95 year= s and one of the reasons they added 20 years recently