Re: [Videolib] Eyes on the Prize re-release

Thu, 03 Aug 2006 08:05:32 -0700

--=====================_258821250==.ALT

right.

gary

M 8/2/2006, you wrote:
> [...]
> >um just to be evil, I am curious if there will be
> >a similtanous retail release at a much lower price
> >and suppossing it were available on say Amazon for
> >$99.95 would some or most of you try to buy it that way
> >and save or buy from PBS for the extra's
> >
> >Just wondering
> >

> >Quoting Vicki Nesting :
> >
> > > I assume some of you have already seen this but for everyone else, PBS=
is
> > > re-releasing Eyes on the Prize this Fall:
> > >
> > > http://www.pbsvideoinsider.org/
> > >
> > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > > Vicki Nesting
> > > Assistant Director
> > > St. Charles Parish Library
> > > P.O. Box 949
> > > Luling, LA 70070
> > > vnesting@stcharles.lib.la.us
> > > vnestin@bellsouth.net
> > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > >

> > > VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad=20
> and lively discussion of issues
> > > relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic=
control,
> > > preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in
> > libraries and
> > > related institutions. It is hoped that the=20
> list will serve as an effective
> > > working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of=
communication
> > > between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and
> > > distributors.
> >

> >VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of
> >issues relating to the selection, evaluation,
> >acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current
> >and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It
> >is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for
> >video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between
> >libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.
>
>Gary Handman
>Director
>Media Resources Center
>Moffitt Library
>UC Berkeley
>ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
>http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC
>
>*****
>
>"In societies where modern conditions of production prevail,
>all of life presents itself as an immense accumulation of
>spectacles."
>--Guy Debord
>

>VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and=20
>lively discussion of issues relating to the=20
>selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic=20
>control, preservation, and use of current and=20
>evolving video formats in libraries and related=20
>institutions. It is hoped that the list will=20
>serve as an effective working tool for video=20
>librarians, as well as a channel of=20
>communication between libraries,educational=20
>institutions, and video producers and distributors.
>

>Daisy
>

>Groups are talking. We=B4re listening. Check out=20
oo.com/local/newemail.html>handy=20
>changes to Yahoo! Groups.

UC Berkeley

*****

all of life presents itself as an=20
immense accumulation of spectacles."
--Guy Debord =20
--=====================_258821250==.ALT

right.

gary

Just checking: if you get it from Amazon you wouldn't be able to get public performance rights, right?

At 08:21 AM 8/2/2006, you wrote:
>um just to be evil, I am curious if there will be
>a similtanous retail release at a much lower price
>and suppossing it were available on say Amazon for
>$99.95 would some or most of you try to buy it that way
>and save or buy from PBS for the extra's
>
>Just wondering
>

>Quoting Vicki Nesting :
>
> > I assume some of you have already seen this but for everyone else, PBS is
> > re-releasing Eyes on the Prize this Fall:
> >
> > http://www.pbsvideoinsider.org/
> >
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > Vicki Nesting
> > Assistant Director
> > St. Charles Parish Library
> > P.O. Box 949
> > Luling, LA 70070
> > vnesting@stcharles.lib.la.us
> > vnestin@bellsouth.net
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >

> > VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues
> > relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control,
> > preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in
> libraries and
> > related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective
> > working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication
> > between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and
> > distributors.

UC Berkeley

*****

spectacles."
--Guy Debord

Daisy

Groups are talking. We=B4re listening. Check out the handy changes to Yahoo! Groups.

UC Berkeley

*****

            &nbs= p;  --Guy Debord