Re: [Videolib] Eyes on the Prize re-release

Daisy Dominguez (daisilla@yahoo.com)
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 17:47:35 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1632846058-1154566055=:77384

Just checking: if you get it from Amazon you wouldn't be able to get public performance rights, right?

Daisy

Gary Handman <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu> wrote:
damn straight I'd get it from amazon!

Gary

At 08:21 AM 8/2/2006, you wrote:
>um just to be evil, I am curious if there will be
>a similtanous retail release at a much lower price
>and suppossing it were available on say Amazon for
>$99.95 would some or most of you try to buy it that way
>and save or buy from PBS for the extra's
>
>Just wondering
>

>Quoting Vicki Nesting :
>
> > I assume some of you have already seen this but for everyone else, PBS is
> > re-releasing Eyes on the Prize this Fall:
> >
> > http://www.pbsvideoinsider.org/
> >
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > Vicki Nesting
> > Assistant Director
> > St. Charles Parish Library
> > P.O. Box 949
> > Luling, LA 70070
> > vnesting@stcharles.lib.la.us
> > vnestin@bellsouth.net
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >

> > VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues
> > relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control,
> > preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in
> libraries and
> > related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective
> > working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication
> > between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and
> > distributors.

UC Berkeley

*****

spectacles."
--Guy Debord

Daisy

Groups are talking. We&acute;re listening. Check out the handy changes to Yahoo! Groups.
--0-1632846058-1154566055=:77384

http://www.pbsvideoinsider.org/<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<BR>&gt; &gt; Vicki Nesting<BR>&gt; &gt; Assistant Director<BR>&gt; &gt; St. Charles Parish Library<BR>&gt; &gt; P.O. Box 949<BR>&gt; &gt; Luling, LA 70070<BR>&gt; &gt; vnesting@stcharles.lib.la.us<BR>&gt; &gt; vnestin@bellsouth.net<BR>&gt; &gt; ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues<BR>&gt; &gt; relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control,<BR>&gt; &gt; preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in <BR>&gt; libraries and<BR>&gt; &gt; related institutions. It is hoped that the list will s
encourage the broad and lively discussion of <BR>&gt;issues relating to the selection, evaluation, <BR>&gt;acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current <BR>&gt;and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It <BR>&gt;is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for <BR>&gt;video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between <BR>&gt;libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.<BR><BR>Gary Handman<BR>Director<BR>Media Resources Center<BR>Moffitt Library<BR>UC Berkeley<BR>ghandman@library.berkeley.edu<BR>http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC<BR><BR>*****<BR><BR>"In societies where modern conditions of production prevail,<BR>all of life presents itself as an immense accumulation of <BR>spectacles."<BR>
preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.<BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR><BR><div><FONT face=verdana>Daisy</FONT></div> <div><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff007f></FONT>&nbsp;</div> <div><FONT face=Verdana color=#0000ff></FONT>&nbsp;</div><p>&#32;
<hr size=1>Groups are talking. We&acute;re listening. Check out the <a href="http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=41144/*http://groups.yahoo.com/local/newemail.html">handy changes to Yahoo! Groups.</a>
--0-1632846058-1154566055=:77384--