Re: [Videolib] off air recording and copyright

Rick Provine (provine@depauw.edu)
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:22:02 -0400

i certainly wouldn't add it to the collection...but we are talking about
a personal copy on reserve...

>>> ghandman@library.berkeley.edu 7/28/2006 11:08:08 AM >>>
yeah, I agree, Rick. Classroom use of stuff, OK, but the sticking
point is whether long-term retention (for eg in a library collection)
meets Fair Use tests...I personally don't think it does.

Gary

UC Berkeley

*****

spectacles."