Fwd: Re: [Videolib] Woody Allen Movie

Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:34:29 -0700

--=====================_158499937==.ALT

>Ok...I just can't help myself when it comes to woody. See for eg in
>Hannah &HS

Hare Krishna music is heard over a sunlit view of the
Manhattan skyline and the green trees of Central Park. The
camera moves down to reveal a large group of Hare Krishnas
dancing on the broad green lawn among other New Yorkers
enjoying the day. The leader, holding some pamphlets,
stands by a chain-link fence, a few feet away from his
group, talking to someone on the other side. It's Mickey,
as the camera soon shows, wearing a short-sleeved shirt, a
paper tucked under his arm.

KRISHNA LEADER
What makes you interested in
becoming a Hare Krishna?

MICKEY
(gesturing, walking onscreen)
Well, I'm not saying that I want to
join or anything, but...but I know
you guys believe in reincarnation,
you know, so it interests me.

KRISHNA LEADER
Yeah, well, what's your religion?

MICKEY
(gesturing)
Well, I was born Jewish, you know,
but, uh, but last winter I tried to
become a Catholic and...it didn't
work for me. I-I studied and I
tried and I gave it everything,
but, you know, Catholicism for me
was die now, pay later, you know.
And I just couldn't get with it.
And I, and I wanted to, you know.
I--

KRISHNA LEADER
(interrupting)
You're afraid of dying?
MICKEY
(gesturing)
Well...yeah, naturally. Aren't you?
I-- L-let me ask you, reincarnation,
does that mean my soul would pass
to another human being, or would I
come back as a moose or an aardvark
or something?

KRISHNA LEADER
(handing some Krishna
literature over the
fence to Mickey)
Take our literature...

MICKEY
(nodding, taking the material)
Uh-huh.

KRISHNA LEADER
...read it over, and think about it.

MICKEY
(looking down at the
material he's just received)
Well, okay. Thank you very much.

KRISHNA LEADER
You're welcome. Hare Krishna.

Mickey walks off, the Hare Krishnas still dancing and
singing on the other side of the fence. He flips through
the literature as he walks, then looks straight ahead,
pondering. His voice is heard over the screen.

MICKEY (V.O.)
Who are you kidding? You're gonna
be a Krishna? You're gonna shave
your head and put on robes and
dance around at airports? You'll
look like Jerry Lewis. Oh, God,
I'm so depressed.

Mickey puts his hand to his mouth as another title appears
on a black screen.

http://www.awesomefilm.com/script/hannah.html

>The film your faculty is probably thinking about is Hannah and Her
>Sisters in which Woody', thinking he has a fatal disease, searches
>frantically for religion among various camps...
>
> gary
>
>At 08:41 AM 7/26/2006, you wrote:
>>Dear CW,
>>
>>A faculty member is looking for a Woody Allen movie. In the movie,
>>Woody's character goes from his psychotherapist from one guru to
>>another to another looking for a solution to his problems. None of
>>the people can help him. Does anyone know which movie that series
>>of scenes might be in?
>>

>>Thank you for any help you can provide.
>>
>>Sincerely,
>>

>>Eileen Karsten
>>Head of Technical Services
>>Lake Forest College
>>karsten@lfc.edu
>>

>Gary Handman
>Director
>Media Resources Center
>Moffitt Library
>UC Berkeley
>ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
>http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC
>
>*****
>
>"In societies where modern conditions of production prevail,
> all of life presents itself as an immense accumulation
> of spectacles."
> --Guy Debord

UC Berkeley

*****

spectacles."
--Guy Debord
--=====================_158499937==.ALT

Ok...I just can't help mys= elf when it comes to woody.  See for eg in Hannah &HS

Hare Krishna music is heard over a sunlit view of the
Manhattan skyline and the green trees of Central Park.  The
camera moves down to reveal a large group of Hare Krishnas
dancing on the broad green lawn among other New Yorkers
enjoying the day.  The leader, holding some pamphlets,
stands by a chain-link fence, a few feet away from his
group, talking to someone on the other side.  It's Mickey,
as the camera soon shows, wearing a short-sleeved shirt, a
paper tucked under his arm.

            &=
nbsp;
KRISHNA LEADER