Re: [Videolib] RE: Fetal Alcohol Syndrome

Diane Rhodes (diane.rhodes@films.com)
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 08:41:40 -0400

New from Films for the Humanities (800-257-5126):

FETAL ALCOHOL EXPOSURE: CHANGING THE FUTURE
How are fetal alcohol spectrum disorders diagnosed? What are the primary and
secondary disabilities associated with FASD? And‹most important of all‹what
is the human cost? This program addresses these questions through the
firsthand experiences of Ann Streissguth, director of the University of
Washington¹s Fetal Alcohol and Drug Unit; Kathy Mitchell, vice president of
NOFAS; Erica Lara, who works at a residential drug and alcohol treatment
facility designed especially for women with young children; and Erica
Gitis-Miles, a college student who has FASD. The in utero effects of alcohol
are considered as well, as are the facial, bodily, neurological, cognitive,
and behavioral characteristics of FASD. Recommended for grades 9+. A Films
for the Humanities & Sciences Production. (31 minutes)

DAVID WITH FETAL ALCOHOL SYNDROME (Recommended by Booklist)

TEACHING CHILDREN WITH FETAL ALCOHOL SYNDROME