[Videolib] Copyright question - answer

Chip Taylor (sales@chiptaylor.com)
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 19:34:47 -0400

Hi John,
Attorney Arnie Lutzker covers questions such as yours in
Program 5 of the "Copyright Compliance Series,"
5. Copyright and the Library, Media Center and AV Department
http://www.chiptaylor.com/ttlmnp4537-.cfm

Chip

www.chiptaylor.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of John Streepy
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 2:04 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: SPAM:LOW [Videolib] Copyright question

Hey all,
this is a general information question, not a Blue vs Grey civil war
kind of question (I hope). I remember hearing once that movie trailers
of the past were in the public domain. I know recent films (recent
being relative, at least from the past 15-20 years) are copyright
protected. Is (was) that true? If true, when did they stop being in
the public domain?
thanks in advance.
jhs

John H. Streepy
Media Assistant III
Library-Media Circulation
James E. Brooks Library
Central Washington University
400 East University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7548

(509) 963-2861
http://www.lib.cwu.edu/media

"Hand to hand combat just goes with the territory.
All part of being a librarian" -- James Turner "Rex Libris"
distributors.