Re: [Videolib] Documentaries on JAZZ

Sue Oscar (info@filmakers.com)
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:46:39 -0400

--Apple-Mail-16-642224664

In addition to" Didn't we Ramble On" which Gary mentioned, Filmakers=20
Library also distributes" In A Jazz Way: A Portrait of Mura Dehn." =20
The film describes the legacy of Mura Dehn who filmed the great Harlem =20=

jazz dancers and made a film called "The Spirit Moves" ( excerpts of=20
which are in this documentary.)
Sue Oscar
Filmakers Library, Inc.
124 E. 40th Street
Suite 901
New York, NY 10016
Phone:212-808-4980
Fax:212-808-4983
info@filmakers.com
www.filmakers.com

On Thursday, July 13, 2006, at 03:03 PM, Adrian Garcia wrote:

> Dear VideolibListserve:
> We asked the listserve for suggestions on film titles for our Human=20
> Rights Video Project a few years back and would like to ask for your=20=

> help again.
>
> National Video Resources is=A0curating its latest=A0viewing and=20
> discussionproject=A0funded=A0by the NEH=A0entitled LOOKING AT:=20
> JAZZ(www.lookingatjazz.com).=A0Wewould liketo=A0solicit suggestions=20
> from=A0the=A0members of the listserve. =A0What are the=20
> best=A0documentaires=A0under the subjects listed below?
>
> 1. New Orleans: The Birthplace of Jazz
> 2. The Jazz Age and the 1920s
> 3. The Jazz Swing Era
> 4. The Women of Jazz
> 5. Jazz Innovators: =46rom Bebop, to Hard Bop, to Cool and More.
> 6. Latin Jazz
> =A0
> It would be helpful to suggest films that are availble in DVD format=20=

> and with public performance rights.=A0NVR will negotiate with=20
> distributors to pay for rights associated with the films for any =
titles=20
> included in the program.=A0 Feel free to email me directly if you have=20=

> any questions.
> =A0
> Thank youall for your help!!
> =A0
>
> Adrian Garcia
> Program Associate
> National Video Resources
> 73 Spring Street, Suite 403; NY, NY 10012
> 212.274.8080 | agarcia@nvr.org
>
> =A0

Sue Oscar
Filmakers Library, Inc.
124 E. 40th Street
Suite 901
New York, NY 10016
Phone:212-808-4980
Fax:212-808-4983
info@filmakers.com
www.filmakers.com

--Apple-Mail-16-642224664

In addition to" Didn't we Ramble On" which Gary mentioned, Filmakers
Library also distributes" In A Jazz Way: A Portrait of Mura Dehn." =20
The film describes the legacy of Mura Dehn who filmed the great
Harlem jazz dancers and made a film called "The Spirit Moves" (
excerpts of which are in this documentary.)

Sue Oscar

Filmakers Library, Inc.

124 E. 40th Street

Suite 901