Re: [Videolib] find that film?

Brigid Duffy (bduffy@sfsu.edu)
Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:48:54 -0700

--Apple-Mail-1-559559408
delsp=yes;
format=flowed

Could this be "Autism is a World" from National Professional Resources?

http://www.nprinc.com/autism/vaiw.htm

"Nominated for an Academy Award, "Autism Is A World" is a rare look =20
at this disability through the words of a young woman who lives with =20
it. Produced and directed by Gerardine Wurzburg, Academy Award winner =20=

for "Educating Peter," and narrated by actress, Julianna Margulies =20
(E.R. and The Grid), this documentary is about Sue. "Autism Is A =20
World" takes the viewer on a journey into her mind, her obsessions, =20
and her world. The documentary explores autism from the most =20
authentic perspective, an individual who is living with this often =20
misunderstood disorder.This film provides great insight to all those =20
professionals, teachers and parents who are striving to better =20
understand autism spectrum disorders and related disabilities. It =20
also demonstrates how assistive technology can effectively facilitate =20=

communication."

Price is $99.00 for vhs or DVD.

But then this is a woman, not a teenage male...

Brigid Duffy
Media Acquisitions
Academic Technology
San Francisco State University
San Francisco, CA 94132-4200
E-mail: bduffy@sfsu.edu

On Jul 13, 2006, at 9:48 AM, Andrews, Sarah E wrote:

> Hi-
>
> I read a review/blub a few months ago about a teenager who was =20
> highly-functioning autistic who had made a film about his life/=20
> experiences. It was in People or Entertainment Weekly maybe.
>

> I can=92t remember anything else about it=97does anyone know what I am =
=20
> talking about?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Sarah Andrews
>
> Monographic Orders, Claims and Acquisitions Public Services Supervisor
>
> Acquisitions Department
>
> University of Iowa Libraries
>
> 100 Main Library
>
> Iowa City, IA 52242-1420
>
> USA
>
> phone 319-335-5877
>
> fax 1-319-335-5691

--Apple-Mail-1-559559408

Could this be "Autism is a = World" from National Professional Resources?

http://www.nprinc.com/autis= m/vaiw.htm

"Nominated for an Academy = Award, "Autism Is A World" is a rare look at this disability through the = words of a young woman who lives with it. Produced and directed by = Gerardine Wurzburg, Academy Award winner for "Educating Peter," and = narrated by actress, Julianna Margulies (E.R. and The Grid), this = documentary is about Sue. "Autism Is A World" takes the viewer on a = journey into her mind, her obsessions, and her world. The documentary = explores autism from the most authentic perspective, an individual who = is living with this often misunderstood disorder.This film provides = great insight to all those professionals, teachers and parents who are = striving to better understand autism spectrum disorders and related = disabilities. It also demonstrates how assistive technology can = effectively facilitate communication."

Price is $99.00 for vhs or = DVD.

But then = this is a woman, not a teenage male...

Brigid = Duffy
Media Acquisitions
Academic Technology
San = Francisco State University