Re: [Videolib] Re: Archival Footage Question - Heloise

deg farrelly (deg.farrelly@asu.edu)
Thu, 01 Jun 2006 13:30:04 -0700

--B_3232013405_790745

You might also contact the Museum of Television and Radio:

http://www.mtr.org/about/about-faq.htm#online

What=B9s in your collection? Can I look online to see what you have?

We have over 120,000 programs and advertisements, covering more than
eighty-five years of television and radio history (beginning with a 1918
speech by labor leader Samuel Gompers). The collection spans all genres:
comedy, drama, news, public affairs, performing arts, children=B9s, sports,
reality, animation, and documentary, and includes a significant
international presence, with seven thousand assets from seventy countries.
The same collection is available in both New York and Los Angeles.

At this time we do not have the database of our collection available online=
.
You need to come to the Museum in New York or Los Angeles to access it. But
if you look at the information about our past screening series, by going
here and then clicking past series, you will get a good idea of what you ca=
find in the collection.

And you can contact one of our reference librarians to inquire about
specific programs: Tuesdays to Fridays, from 4:00 to 5:45 p.m. (EST) only,
call (212) 621-6600, press "0" to speak to an operator, and ask for the
library; OR e-mail LAreference@mtr.org.

--
deg farrelly, Associate Librarian
Arizona State University at the West campus

From: Gary Handman <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu> Reply-To: <videolib@lists.berkeley.edu> Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 13:16:36 -0700 To: <videolib@lists.berkeley.edu>, <videolib@lists.berkeley.edu> Subject: Re: [Videolib] Re: Archival Footage Question - Heloise

...and for a fee, Vanderbilt will make a screening copy of this material (which eventually has to be returned to the archive)

Gary

--B_3232013405_790745 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

Re: [Videolib] Re: Archival Footage Question  - Heloise You m= ight also contact the Museum of Television and Radio:

http://www.mtr.org/= about/about-faq.htm#online

What’s in your collection? Can I look online to see what you have?
We have over 120,000 programs and advertisements, covering more than eighty= -five years of television and radio history (beginning with a 1918 speech by= labor leader Samuel Gompers). The collection spans all genres: comedy, dram= a, news, public affairs, performing arts, children’s, sports, reality,= animation, and documentary, and includes a significant international presen= ce, with seven thousand assets from seventy countries. The same collection i= s available in both New York and Los Angeles.

At this time we do not have the database of our collection available online= . You need to come to the Museum in New York or Los Angeles to access it. Bu= t if you look at the information about our past screening series, by going h= ere and then clicking past series, you will get a good idea of what you can = find in the collection.