Re: [Videolib] Ways of seeing with John Berger

deg farrelly (deg.farrelly@asu.edu)
Thu, 01 Jun 2006 13:27:04 -0700

--B_3232013224_735536

We tried unsuccessfully for years to acquire a copy of this title.

At one point we received confirmation of an address and pricing from a
duplication of the series, but none of our subsequent inquiries (email,
letter, phone) were ever returned.

Eventually, after many persistent attempts, I received this email
(September, 2005)

I suggested that The British Universities Film and Video Council might want
to take down their link to the series.... But as of today, it is still up:

http://joseph.bufvc.ac.uk/hermes/FMPro?-db=3DAV_titles.fp5&-lay=3DAll&-format=3DA=
_detail.html&AV_ID=3D23281&-find

--
deg farrelly, Associate Librarian
Arizona State University at the West campus

From: "Moshiri, Farhad" <moshiri@uiwtx.edu> Reply-To: <videolib@lists.berkeley.edu> Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:31:41 -0500 To: <videolib@lists.berkeley.edu> Conversation: Ways of seeing with John Berger Subject: [Videolib] Ways of seeing with John Berger

Dear Colleagues, =20 Does anyone know where I can find a copy of =B3Ways of seeing=B2 with John Berger? I have called B. C. Learning Connection, Classroom Video and checke= d BBC America website with no success. I appreciate your help. =20 Farhad Moshiri, AV Librarian University of the Incarnate Word San Antonio, TX

--B_3232013224_735536 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

Re: [Videolib] Ways of seeing with John Berger We tr= ied unsuccessfully for years to acquire a copy of this title.

From: Caroli= ne Tempest <Caroline.Tempest@bbc.co.uk>

Hi Deg,

Many thanks for your email.
BBC Learning can sell programmes to organisations for educational, training= and cultural purposes providing we hold the relevant rights. The basic pric= e of a programme is £195 + delivery and vat, though discounts apply fo= r multiple orders.

Unfortunately the relevant rights on this series = have expired. I'm sorry to disappoint you.

Kind regards,
Caroline Tempest
BBC Learning

http://joseph.bufvc.ac.uk/hermes/FMPro?= -db=3DAV_titles.fp5&-lay=3DAll&-format=3DAV_detail.html&AV_ID=3D23281&am= p;-find