Re: [Videolib] Read it an weep...

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Sat, 08 Jul 2006 16:15:54 -0400

Actually MANY of them are now available
To be fair the biggest reason most of them are not out is that is that
NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE WOULD BUY THEM. Only a few of those have serious rights
problems but many of them are studio tittles or owned by big foreign
companies. Offer them fat pile of money and they are yours
Some of them would not even require a pile. Kino for instance could put out
Sinbad (Szindbád) ( which we have on VHS) & SONG OF THE SCARLET FLOWER very
quickly as we deal closely with the owners. Just get me 1,000 pre-orders
This is true of numerous other titles on these lists.
It is nice to complain that no one has released OH MR. PORTER, SATANTANGO,
MES PETITES AMOUREUSES, A WIFE CONFESSES etc ( Frankly there are at least 10
titles on these lists I have never heard of) it would be virtually
impossible just to break even released these films unless someone wants to
subsidize them.
Some of these have serious rights problems but most are just a matter
Of too little buying interest

On 7/8/06 11:51 AM, "iylist@twcny.rr.com" <iylist@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

> I noticed the article was written in 2003. I wonder if any of the
> title listed in the article are now available.
>
> George Abbott

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International