RE: [Videolib] Due diligence

Hornbeck, Patty (hornbeck@middlebury.edu)
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:02:58 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C68655.A29676FB

This is the best argument that could possibly be made against the kind =
of "fair use" we've been disputing. Thanks.
______________________________________
Patty Hornbeck
Media Resources Development Coordinator
Middlebury College Library
110 Storrs Ave. / M212
Middlebury, VT 05753
(802)443-2268 ph.=20
(802)443-5698 fax

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu =
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of =
Herownword@aol.com
Sent: Fri, June 02, 2006 10:37 AM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Due diligence

I've been out of town (in beautiful San Francisco!) for a week and just =
read some of the posts on locating copyright holders. I would like to =
add the perspective of a small independent producer. Her Own Words has =
had the same telephone number, email address, physical address, and post =
office mailing address since 1993 (and most of those addresses since it =
was founded in 1986). Nevertheless, every few months we get a phone =
call from someone (frequently a librarian) wanting to see if Her Own =
Words still exists. "But [insert name of large national =
distributor/jobber here] said that you didn't exist any more and there =
was no way to track you down or find any of your films" is the =
inevitable next statement. Blessings on the librarians who take the =
time to call and verify the (mis)information. =20
=20
Jocelyn Riley
HerOwnWords.com
NontraditionalCareers.com

------_=_NextPart_001_01C68655.A29676FB

This is the best=20 argument that could possibly be made against the kind of "fair use" = we've been=20 disputing. Thanks.
Patty = Hornbeck
Media = Resources Development=20 Coordinator
Middlebury = College=20 Library
110 Storrs = Ave. /=20 M212
Middlebury, = VT=20 05753
(802)443-2268 = ph.=20