Re: [Videolib] 1987 film "Chinese Ghost Story

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 30 May 2006 13:42:22 -0400

It would DEFINITELY not effect this film. The Orphan work can ONLY apply to
American films and there is no question that this film has an owner and a
very good high priced lawyer or researcher could track it down for you just
not worth the time and money

The Orphan bill will have virtually no effect on feature films where you can
With enough work find a rights holder 98% of the time. Also the Orphan work
is strictly copying for research etc and does NOT allow ANY public showing
of a work. I think the main intent of the Orphan bill is to allow indendent
films, short works, industrials etc better access for research etc. Again
virtually no effect on feature films and none for films produced outside the
US