Re: [Videolib] NIgeria DVDs

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Sat, 27 May 2006 17:26:06 +0200

Dear Karen,

there is an excellent database for films about Africa offered by the
African Studies Center of Michigan State University. Films can be
selected by subject and by country:
http://www.africanmedia.msu.edu/php/search.php

By the way Nigeria has a filmindustry of its own based on camcorders
(probably not what you are searching for). California Newsreel offers an
interesting title from this kind of feature film - in quality far above
average.
http://www.newsreel.org/nav/title.asp?tc=CN0129&s=thunderbolt

On this tape a short feature film from Nigeria is included:
http://www.newsreel.org/nav/title.asp?tc=CN0132&s=fathers

Here are some links to videos from this very special film industry:
http://www.africvideos.com/ext. link (USA)
http://www.africamovies.com/ext. link (USA)
http://www.over2u.com/shop/african_films.htmlext. link (USA)
http://www.allafricanmovies.com/index.phpext. link (USA)