RE: [Videolib] German American Films

Carol Dunn (dunn@findlaylibrary.org)
Thu, 25 May 2006 14:56:13 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6802C.E4E24BF0

I know this is not a German-American film per se, but I LOVED the movie
Schultze Gets the Blues !
Regards,
Carol Dunn
AV Manager, NT Administration/Web
Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
206 Broadway
Findlay, OH 45840
TELEPHONE:419-422-1712
FAX:419-422-0638
dunn@findlaylibrary.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Tatar, Becky [mailto:bltata@aurora.lib.il.us]
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 2:19 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] German American Films

Hello, all.

Next year, we are doing a yearlong multicultural film series focusing on
different ethnic groups. I have the happy choice of choosing the films for
October - German American Month. I have searched - online, the Berkeley
Media Center List, IMDB, with not very good results. I may have to fall on
using movies with actors who have German American ancestry, if I can't find
anything else. Any good ideas? Needless to say - WWII movies showing
Germans as the bad guys are not a choice. TIA.

Becky Tatar
Periodicals/Audiovisuals
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street
Aurora, IL 60505
Phone: 630-264-4100
FAX: 630-896-3209
bltata@aurora.lib.il.us
<file://www.aurora.lib.il.us> www.aurora.lib.il.us

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6802C.E4E24BF0

German American Films

www.aurora.lib.il.us

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6802C.E4E24BF0-- VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.