Re: [Videolib] German American Films

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Thu, 25 May 2006 14:45:50 -0400

--B_3231413150_310933910

Well lots and lots of German actors who emigrated to the states and worked
extensively in Hollywood
Paul Lukas ( Watch on the Rhine , Little Women etc) Paul Henried ( Now
Voyager) Dietrich, Peter Lorre etc or do
They have to be performers whose parents where born in Germany ?

On 5/25/06 2:19 PM, "Tatar, Becky" <bltata@aurora.lib.il.us> wrote:

> Hello, all.
>
> Next year, we are doing a yearlong multicultural film series focusing on
> different ethnic groups. I have the happy choice of choosing the films for
> October - German American Month. I have searched - online, the Berkeley Media
> Center List, IMDB, with not very good results. I may have to fall on using
> movies with actors who have German American ancestry, if I can't find anything
> else. Any good ideas? Needless to say - WWII movies showing Germans as the
> bad guys are not a choice. TIA.
>
> Becky Tatar
> Periodicals/Audiovisuals
> Aurora Public Library
> 1 E. Benton Street
> Aurora, IL 60505
> Phone: 630-264-4100
> FAX: 630-896-3209
> bltata@aurora.lib.il.us
> www.aurora.lib.il.us <file://www.aurora.lib.il.us>

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3231413150_310933910

Re: [Videolib] German American Films Well = lots and lots of German actors who emigrated to the states and worked extens= ively in Hollywood