RE: [Videolib] Have you had experience with Midwest Tapes?

Eileen Simmons (ESimmons@ci.everett.wa.us)
Wed, 24 May 2006 16:06:50 -0700

We have bought videos and DVDs from Midwest for some time. Their website is easy to use, their service is good, and they will even sell individual volumes from a series (if they have them in stock)--a great help when you're missing volume three of Sex and the City. We haven't yet used their processing, but are about to begin.

Eileen Simmons
Everett Public Library
2702 Hoyt Ave.
Everett, WA 98201

From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Jeff Scott
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 4:02 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Have you had experience with Midwest Tapes?

They are awesome. They do everything for us and have reduced our
turnaround time significantly. They give us a sample of a DVD cover and
ask us where to place the labels and everything. We get the videos out
in half the time. There are not discounts for videos (as you would see
with BandT and Amazon), but the customer service is excellent and the
availability is excellent.

Let me know if you want more detail, but I would highly recommend
them.

Jeff Scott
Library Manager
Casa Grande Public Library
449 N. Dry Lake
Casa Grande, AZ, 85222
(520) 421-8710 ext. 5110
jscott@ci.casa-grande.az.us
http://www.ci.casa-grande.az.us

>>> deg.farrelly@asu.edu 05/24/06 3:34 PM >>>
Our acquisitions unit staff returned from a conference with information
on
Midwest Tapes.

This company is a jobber, offering shelf ready cataloging and
processing for
CDs and Videos.

I would like to hear of your experiences with this company.

Replies directly to me, please.

Thanx.

--

deg farrelly, Associate Librarian Arizona State University at the West campus PO Box 37100 Phoenix, Arizona 85069-7100 Phone: 602.543.8522 Email: deg.farrelly@asu.edu