RE: [Videolib] Need some spec recommendations for a LCD projector

Schmitt, Mike (schmittm@uwgb.edu)
Wed, 24 May 2006 14:14:19 -0500

If you are showing a lot of films/movies take a serious look at the DLP
based projectors (as opposed to LCD projectors) since the contrast ratio
and color accuracy tends to be better on DLP. Both have their pros and
cons...we use both LCD and DLP units on campus.

I would look for the following:
1. good range on the zoom lens unless it is in a fixed locale
2. minimum 3000 ANSI lumens
3. check on the price of a replacement lamp
4. check on the warranty.

I can't recommend any one brand over another. We have had good luck
with Sony and Sharp units. I have used at least 6 different makes, and
numerous models, and no one projector brand greatly surpassed another.

Good luck...check with www.projectorcentral.com

--Mike Schmitt
UW-Green Bay