RE: [Videolib] prison flicks list suggestions?

Jen Stutesman (jennifer.stutesman@wwcc.edu)
Wed, 17 May 2006 14:04:39 -0700

------_=_NextPart_6334_00018467.00000041

These are just for students to check out for home use, so just need VHS
or DVD region 1...Don't need a print. Thanks!

-jen

-----Original Message-----
From: Jessica Rosner [mailto:jrosner@kino.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 1:12 PM
To: Jen Stutesman
Subject: Re: [Videolib] prison flicks list suggestions?

THE BIG HOUSE
CAGED
MIDNIGHT EXPRESS
I AM A PRISONER FROM A CHAIN GANG

FYI What format are you using
I can track rights on Brute Force as we do the VHS but don't know where
you can get
A print

On 5/17/06 3:44 PM, "Jen Stutesman" <jennifer.stutesman@wwcc.edu> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm putting together a "prison flicks" theme for Fall quarter, and have
the following titles so far; other suggestions? (some inexpensive
foreign ones would be great!)

American History X
Shawshank Redemption
Brute Force (which doesn't seem to be available :-( )
O Brother Where Art Thou
Assault on Precinct 13 (the more recent one, although may purchase the
John Carpenter one)
Escape from Alcatraz
Birdman of Alcatraz
Brubaker
Escape from New York
Fortress
The Hurricane (the Denzel Washington one)
In the Name of the Father
The Last Castle
Mutiny in the Big House
No Escape
The Green Mile

Please note that I'm staying to films that have action predominantly
placed *in* the prison for most of the movie, and am leaving out movies
that have characters that have left or escaped prison, where the action
continues elsewhere. Except for "O Brother". Which is one of my faves,
so it's in. Nyah. :-P
-jen

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner