Re: [Videolib] prison flicks list suggestions?

Meghann Matwichuk (mtwchk@udel.edu)
Wed, 17 May 2006 16:46:58 -0400

A few off the top of my head -- although I'm guessing that IMDB would
have lots to offer here:

Carandiru (Brazil)
American Me
Animal Factory
Bad Boys ('83, reform school, w/ Sean Penn)
United States of Leland (reform school)
Dead Man Walking
Chopper (Australia)
Green Mile
The Count of Monte Cristo
V for Vendetta (short but crucial sequence)
The Last Castle
Brokedown Palace
Oldboy (South Korea)
The Producers '68 (again, a short bit, but if you want to add some
lighter titles...)
See No Evil, Hear No Evil (can't remember how much of that was in
prison, though...

... and if you're going to have O Brother, what about Sullivan's Travels?

Best,

Meghann R. Matwichuk, M.S.
Assistant Librarian
Instructional Media Department