RE: [Videolib] prison flicks list suggestions?

Blane Halliday (bhalliday@collier-lib.org)
Wed, 17 May 2006 16:30:52 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C679CF.43886040

'Stir Crazy' 1980
'Dead Man Walking' 1995

Blane

Blane Halliday
AV Acquisitions Librarian
Collier County Public Library
2385 Orange Blossom Drive
Naples, Florida 34109
239-593-3511, ext. 45
bhalliday@collier-lib.org
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Jen Stutesman
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 3:44 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] prison flicks list suggestions?

Hi everyone,

I'm putting together a "prison flicks" theme for Fall quarter, and have
the following titles so far; other suggestions? (some inexpensive foreign
ones would be great!)

American History X

Shawshank Redemption

Brute Force (which doesn't seem to be available L )

O Brother Where Art Thou

Assault on Precinct 13 (the more recent one, although may purchase the
John Carpenter one)

Escape from Alcatraz

Birdman of Alcatraz

Brubaker

Escape from New York

Fortress

The Hurricane (the Denzel Washington one)

In the Name of the Father

The Last Castle

Mutiny in the Big House

No Escape

The Green Mile

Please note that I'm staying to films that have action predominantly
placed *in* the prison for most of the movie, and am leaving out movies that
have characters that have left or escaped prison, where the action continues
elsewhere. Except for "O Brother". Which is one of my faves, so it's in.
Nyah. :-P

-jen

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C679CF.43886040

'Stir=20 Crazy' 1980