Re: [Videolib] prison flicks list suggestions?

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 17 May 2006 16:11:53 -0400

--B_3230727114_269749434

THE BIG HOUSE
CAGED
MIDNIGHT EXPRESS
I AM A PRISONER FROM A CHAIN GANG

FYI What format are you using
I can track rights on Brute Force as we do the VHS but don=B9t know where you
can get=20
A print

On 5/17/06 3:44 PM, "Jen Stutesman" <jennifer.stutesman@wwcc.edu> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> =20
> I=B9m putting together a =B3prison flicks=B2 theme for Fall quarter, and have t=
he
> following titles so far; other suggestions? (some inexpensive foreign one=
> would be great!)
> =20
> American History X
> Shawshank Redemption
> Brute Force (which doesn=B9t seem to be available L )
> O Brother Where Art Thou
> Assault on Precinct 13 (the more recent one, although may purchase the Jo=
hn
> Carpenter one)
> Escape from Alcatraz
> Birdman of Alcatraz
> Brubaker
> Escape from New York
> Fortress
> The Hurricane (the Denzel Washington one)
> In the Name of the Father
> The Last Castle
> Mutiny in the Big House
> No Escape
> The Green Mile
> =20
> Please note that I=B9m staying to films that have action predominantly plac=
ed
> *in* the prison for most of the movie, and am leaving out movies that hav=
> characters that have left or escaped prison, where the action continues
> elsewhere. Except for =B3O Brother=B2. Which is one of my faves, so it=B9s in. =
Nyah.
> :-P
> -jen
> =20
> =20
>=20

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3230727114_269749434

Re: [Videolib] prison flicks list suggestions? THE B= IG HOUSE
CAGED
MIDNIGHT EXPRESS
I AM A PRISONER FROM A CHAIN GANG

FYI What format are you using
I can track rights on Brute Force as we do the VHS but don’t know whe= re you can get
A print