Re: [Videolib] Public performance license for "Coup pour coup"?

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:06:27 -0500

--B_3228894390_159801286

Tracking the rights on this one is I think surprisingly easy because Marin
Karmitz has evolved into a major producer/distributor in Europe
You can contact his company mk2 at Sales@mk2.Com
HOWEVER I think the odds that you will be able to negotiate a deal for this
by Friday are not that high

In general it is VERY, VERY difficult and VERY, VERY expensive to obtain the
rights to show films
Which do not a US rights holder

On 4/26/06 9:21 AM, "Marilyn Huntley" <mhuntley@hamilton.edu> wrote:

> Hello all,
> A professor wants me to find out whether there's public performance licensing
> available in the U.S. for a showing of the 1972 French film "Coup pour coup"
> (aka "Blow for Blow," director Marin Karmitz). We already have a Region 2 DVD
> of the movie, so I don't need to rent an actual print. And by the way, she
> wants to show it this Sunday! I realize the chances are slim to none, but I
> thought I'd give it the old college try anyway.
>
> Thanks in advance for any information you can send me, even if it's bad news.
> Marilyn Huntley
>

> ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
> Marilyn B. Huntley, Audiovisual Assistant:
> Film scheduling, rentals, licensing & previews
> A-V Services, 408 C. A. Johnson Hall
> Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd., Clinton, NY 13323
> Phone 315-859-4120; Fax 315-859-4687
> e-mail mhuntley@hamilton.edu

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3228894390_159801286

Re: [Videolib] Public performance license for "Coup pour coup&q= uot;? Track= ing the rights on this one is I think surprisingly easy because Marin Karmit= z has evolved into a major producer/distributor in Europe
You can contact his company mk2 at  Sales@mk2.Com
HOWEVER I think the odds that you will be able to negotiate  a deal fo= r this by Friday are  not that high

In general it is VERY, VERY difficult and VERY, VERY expensive to obtain th= e rights to show films
Which do not  a US rights holder

A professor wants me to find out whether there's public performance licensi= ng available in the U.S. for a showing of the 1972 French film "Coup po= ur coup" (aka "Blow for Blow," director Marin Karmitz). We al= ready have a Region 2 DVD of the movie, so I don't need to rent an actual pr= int. And by the way, she wants to show it this Sunday! I realize the chances= are slim to none, but I thought I'd give it the old college try anyway.

Thanks in advance for any information you can send me, even if it's bad<= /U> news.
Marilyn Huntley

Marilyn B. Huntley, Audiovisual Assistant:
    Film scheduling, rentals, licensing & previews<= BR> A-V Services, 408 C. A. Johnson Hall