Re: [Videolib] Compliance

Susan Weber (sweber@langara.bc.ca)
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:23:27 -0700

Ciara:
I am from Canada where we don't have ADA legislation. Still, we have a
duty to serve disabled students. I have had to get captions done on an
automotive service video series to accommodate a hard-of-hearing student.
The captions were not available, and the content is not common, so
there was no option. We applied for, and received, special funding to
get the series captioned. Before getting the captions done, we had to get
permission from the producer. If they had requested, we would have
supplied the captioning, after it was done.
Today, there are more cost-effective ways to get captions done than
there were 5 years ago.

Susan

--

Susan Weber, Media Librarian

Langara College, Advanced Education Media

Acquisitions Centre_

100 West 49th Avenue, Vancouver, B.C. V5Y 2Z6

Tel. 604-323-5533 email: sweber@langara.bc.ca

Fast Forward Media Showcase, May 2-3, 2006

http://www.langara.bc.ca/ffwd

http://www.langara.bc.ca/aemac